This is the RNOH demo site, please note this site is now live at https://www.rnoh.nhs.uk/. Any amends made here will not be reflected in the live site.
The rheumatology service focuses on the diagnosis and management of inflammatory and degenerative joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and soft tissue rheumatology, for example, frozen shoulder.
- Investigation and management of inflammatory joint disease and connective tissue disorders
- Investigation and management of soft tissue rheumatism
- Investigation and management of back pain
- In-patient rehabilitation service for patients with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
- In-patient rehabilitation service for patients with hypermobility and chronic pain
- Multi-disciplinary management of chronic rheumatic disorders in liaison with experienced orthopaedic physiotherapists, occupational therapists and clinical psychologists
- Telephone hotline advisory service with Rheumatology Nurse Specialist
- Close collaboration with orthopaedic surgeons
- Combined clinics/close collaboration with physiotherapists, occupational therapists and podiatrists
Please refer to the documentation below for information on our referral acceptance criteria for Hypermobility, and for a copy of our referral proforma that will need to be included with any referral into the hypermobility service. Please see the documents at the bottom of this page.
Rheumatology - Secretary and Administration 020 3944 0044
Metabolic Bone Disease Unit - Secretary and Administration 020 3947 0056
Rheumatology Nurse Specialist - Advice Line 020 3947 0184
Dr Helen Cohen - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Dr Richard Keen - Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease. Fibrous dysplasia. Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. Hyophosphatasia. Osteogenesis Imperfecta....
Dr Gayatri Mittal - Ankylosing Spondylitis, early inflammatory arthritis, gout, hypermobility